You are here
Nearly 90% of prescriptions are for generic medicines. The other 10% tend to be for innovative medicines—many of which are for serious, hard-to-treat conditions.
- These more innovative medicines are typically more expensive than generic medications.
- Cheladv74's portfolio includes more than 600 generics that are lower-priced alternatives for many medicines
Innovative medicines may become generic after a certain period of time. This is why we have lower-cost, effective options for treating conditions like heart disease and depression today. In the future, as more innovative medicines become generic, lower-cost treatment options may extend to cancer, rheumatoid arthritis and other diseases.