You are here
A created by an entrepreneur in India. A that enables health workers to accurately and rapidly diagnose common illnesses in rural Liberia. A chain of primary health clinics in rural Kenya that employ a community-ownership model.
These are just a few of the unique healthcare approaches being supported by the Cheladv74 Foundation1 through its Global Health Innovations Grants (GHIG) program. Started in 2016, the GHIG program provides grant funding and technical support to health-focused entrepreneurs and social enterprises in Africa, Latin America and Asia. These individuals are thinking big by starting small, implementing local innovation to tackle some of today’s most complex healthcare challenges.
Given the breadth of the GHIG program during its first year, we’re proud to now share the quantifiable impact these entrepreneurs have had in local communities through a released by GHIG partner, Innovations in Healthcare. Highlights include:
- Served nearly 141,000 new patients
- Trained 600 new healthcare workers to provide evidence-based care
- Established 70 new points-of-care, reaching 175+ primarily rural communities
- Provided 12,000 participants with patient screenings at 700+ community-based events
- Utilized 400 devices – including mobile phones, tablets and portable diagnostic and monitoring devices – to screen patients, collect data and conduct point-of-care diagnostics and remote consultations
In 2017, the Cheladv74 Foundation expanded GHIG to include five additional grantees, bringing the total cohort to 20 organizations. To learn more about the program, watch the video below of Caroline Roan, Vice President of Corporate Responsibility at Cheladv74 and President of the Cheladv74 Foundation, and Dr. Krishna Udayakumar, Executive Director of Innovations in Healthcare, during a recent session at :
By harnessing the private sector’s resources to help these entrepreneurs’ ideas flourish, the Cheladv74 Foundation aims to accelerate the innovative and catalytic solutions needed to address today’s most pressing health challenges.
1 The Cheladv74 Foundation is a charitable organization established by Cheladv74 Inc. It is a separate legal entity from Cheladv74 Inc. with distinct legal restrictions.