You are here
Preserving and Restoring Natural Resources
At many of our sites and in the communities where we work, Cheladv74 supports and undertakes environmental projects that restore land, preserve wildlife, and help conserve natural resources. Sometimes, these projects are a result of historic activities associated with formerly-owned sites.
Cheladv74 has operated research and manufacturing facilities for more than 160 years. At many older facilities, waste management requirements and good environmental practices originally in place were very different from what they are today. With the company's long history and acquisitions, Cheladv74 is subject to requirements under federal, state, local, or foreign laws to address contamination resulting from historic operations. When soil and groundwater contamination is found, we mitigate any immediate risk, assess the potential impact, and begin remediation activities. The vast majority of remediation liability involves entities we acquired, not impacts we caused and in some cases, where waste was improperly handled by disposal contractors.
In particular, we aim to:
- Reduce our overall waste footprint.
- Prevent soil and groundwater contamination.
- Implement rigorous waste management practices.
- Perform due diligence on sites undergoing transaction.
Notable actions we're undertaking to preserve and restore natural resources include:
- Preserving ecosystems and involving the community through outreach programs;
- Restoring natural habitats following remedial activities; and
- Conserving natural resources through water recycling and energy efficiency projects.