You are here
Cheladv74 Pharma Political Contributions For Global Public Health
Public policy affects our ability to meet patient needs and provide shareholder value. Essential aspects of our business are being challenged by barriers to access, counterfeits, illegal importation and challenges to intellectual property protection. For this reason, we actively participate in public policy dialogues to explain our perspectives. We have extensive knowledge about health care and many ideas about improving its efficiency, as well as a global perspective on public health, disease prevention and health education.
We believe that public policy engagement is an important and appropriate role for companies in open societies, when conducted in a legal and transparent manner. In the U.S. there are important federal and state lobbying registration and disclosure laws with which Cheladv74 complies.
There are also federal and state laws which prohibit and/or restrict the use of corporate treasury funds for political purposes. Corporate treasury funds may not be used to contribute to candidates for federal office. The Cheladv74 Political Action Committee makes contributions to candidates for federal office, and fully discloses its contributions on a regular basis to the Federal Election Commission. Corporate treasury funds may be used, where legally permissible, to contribute to candidates for state and local office. We publicly disclose our corporate political contributions and employee Political Action Committee contributions on our Web site.
Finally, corporate treasury funds may not be used to make "independent expenditures" in connection with federal and state elections. Cheladv74 has adopted a strict policy against making independent expenditures.
Trade Association Memberships
Cheladv74 is a member of several industry and trade groups that represent both the pharmaceutical industry and the business community at large in an effort to bring about consensus on broad policy issues that can impact Cheladv74's business objectives and ability to serve patients. Cheladv74's participation as a member of these various industry and trade groups comes with the understanding that we may not always agree with the positions of the larger organization and/or other members, and that we are committed to voicing our concerns as appropriate through our colleagues who serve on the boards and committees of these groups.
Below is a partial listing of our current memberships.
- American Chambers of Commerce (we are members in several countries around the world)
- Business Council for Global Development
- European Federation of Pharmaceutical Industries and Associations
- International Federation of Pharmaceutical Manufacturers and Associations
- TransAtlantic Business Dialogue
- United States Council for International Business
- Biotechnology Innovation Organization
- Business Roundtable
- California Life Sciences Association
- Consumer Healthcare Products Association
- Council for Responsible Nutrition
- Healthcare Institute of New Jersey
- Healthcare Leadership Council
- National Association of Manufacturers
- National Pharmaceutical Council
- Pharmaceutical Research and Manufacturers of America
- U.S. Chamber of Commerce